When you think about how to optimize your shipping operations, the freight you receive from vendors might not be the first thing that comes to mind. However, you have more control over your inbound shipping than you may realize, and when you have the right resources it can actually be easy to master. We’ve rounded up some of our top resources that will help you manage your inbound shipments.
- Understand the difference between “prepaid” and “collect”. Inbound management 101 starts with looking at how you’re paying for your freight. A common misconception is thinking that you’re not paying for your inbound shipping when you’re not paying for it. This video will help you gain a good understanding of prepaid and collect, and how you can make a switch that will help you save in the long run.
- Learn how to properly accept freight and handle claims. You probably already know that sometimes the freight you receive can arrive damaged. It’s obviously never ideal, but that doesn’t mean it has to be a total disaster. Having the proper procedures in place with your warehouse staff is the key to getting claims approved and paid out when the unthinkable happens. Find out the best steps to take with this helpful white paper.
- Learn how to create and use routing instructions. Creating routing instructions for your vendors is a great way to ensure your inbound freight gets shipped at the best price and in the most efficient way for your business operations. Getting started is the hardest part, but we have you covered. With this blog post we show you some examples, explain how to create your routings, and give guidance on how to communicate them to your vendors.
- Achieve vendor compliance. You’ve perfected your routing instructions and you know exactly how to cut your costs. The only thing that’s missing? Getting your vendors to follow your lead. This blog post gives you a few pro tips to get those relationships on track.
- Follow the 4 steps to gain control of your inbound shipping. When you’re ready to take a full look at your inbound shipping operations, you’ll want to check out this all-encompassing white paper. It’ll guide you through the four important steps you’ll need to take to cut your costs and help everything run smoothly. Find out exactly what you need to do and get tips for executing them.
Figuring out how to effectively manage your inbound shipping doesn’t have to be intimidating. These resources can point you in the right direction, but you don’t have to do everything by yourself. PartnerShip is here to help you implement these important strategies and save you time in the process. We can set you up with discounted pricing, create your routing instructions, and help ensure vendor compliance.
Managing your shipping costs involves more than just your outbound orders to customers. Inbound freight, or the shipments you receive from vendors, is a huge area of untapped opportunity for many retail businesses. Our trusted shipping provider, PartnerShip®, has compiled a list of their top resources with valuable tips and tricks to help you manage your inbound vendor shipments more effectively and even reduce costs. With insight from their experts, you can make informed decisions and achieve greater savings on inbound freight. – Doug Works, BRA Executive Director
BRA strives to be the definitive resource for board specialty and lifestyle retailers, and we are always looking for ways to help your business be successful. We’re excited to announce a brand-new benefit available to BRA Distinguished Retail Members that will save you money by spending less on shipping.
With the BRA Shipping Program, managed by PartnerShip®, you save 50% on FedEx Express and 30% on FedEx Ground. If you’re receiving inbound freight shipments from your vendors, you’ll also have access to competitive rates with UPS Freight, YRC Freight, XPO, and many others.
To take advantage of this free benefit, enroll now.
To learn more about the BRA Shipping Program email jdeming@PartnerShip.com.
If you are not yet a BRA Distinguished Retail Member, please complete the super simple join form (choose the Distinguished Retail Membership option). Immediately after you submit your completed join form, you will receive a prompt with payment instructions for the $100 Annual Dues (100% tax deductible). Shortly after receiving the completed form, we will email you the link to access the BRA Office Depot Preferential Pricing Program and the summary of additional Supporting Vendor Partner benefits for BRA Retail Members. Once your payment is received in our system, we will notify the good people at PartnerShip who will approve your enrollment and enable you to take advantage of the savings in a timely manner.